Yes if you have life insurance in place then all the insurance companies we deal with cover death from COVID-19 for Life Insurance. There are however stripped down policies sold by intermediaries that you would need to check with them directly to see if covered as they sometimes have funny exclusions. Income Protection will pay out if you are sick with the coronavirus and cannot work, however it does not cover the risk of redundancy.
- Latest Update on Life Insurance and Income Protection with COVID-19
- Covid-19: Insurers make exclusions in some new policy offers
- Looking to reduce your Life Insurance Premiums due to COVID-19 – read this first
- Pitfalls lie in wait for households seeking to trim their insurance costs
- COVID-19 and your money: 7 things to do right now